Hey, writer. I’m so glad you’re here.
- 5 Things I Learned About Writing After I Spent 2 Weeks in the UKThe train ride back to our hotel in London was full of characters, plots, settings, imagery, swirling around the insides of my eyelids like glitter when I closed my eyes. Here’s what I learned about writing through this experience in the UK.
- How To Plan Your Short Story (+ Free Planning Workbook!)Effectively and efficiently prepare to write your short story and set yourself up for success.
- The Rabbit Hole to Wonderland: a Reflection on the Journey of Writing a NovelThe lingering aroma of burnt pumpkin cookies wafting from the kitchen reminds me of the date. It’s autumn again. That tells me it’s been four years since I started this book, and I haven’t published a page. My ambitions of publication and daydreams of sold-out book signings are worn and threadbare now. Sitting in my dorm room, the pounding raindrops outside take me back to that time.
- Let’s Talk Writing Anxiety: How to Address & Deal in a Healthy WayDoes writing make you anxious? Are you afraid of publishing, one-star reviews, or failure? Is the state of the world simply too much for you to focus on writing? Are these fears hurting you today? If the answer to any of those is yes, then this article is for you, writer.
- How I Stay Inspired to Write (Even During a Pandemic)Writing is like a relationship: you have to put effort in to keep the spark alive. If you don’t feed your love for writing, your inspiration well dries up, and it becomes difficult to continue creating. But how do we make sure our well runneth over? Writers, that’s what we’re talking about today.