Oh boy, it’s time for Camp NaNo again! It seems like only yesterday I was “pantsing” last year’s fantasy novel. This year I’ll be doing science fiction for the first time. 😉 You can find my Camp profile here.
Are you new to this whole “NaNoWriMo” thing? Not sure if you’re ready to tackle the 50K in November? Or did you try before, but it just didn’t work out? Camp NaNo might be perfect for you!
Why? Well, as you may know, the November equivalent of NaNo requires a solid word-count of 50,000. For some of us, that’s too much for the brief thirty days we’re given!
In Camp NaNo, however, you get to choose your own word-count goal. That’s right! You can write anything from 1,000 to 100,000 words, at your own pace. Fantastic, isn’t it?
If you already have an account with NaNoWriMo, you can log in through that on campnanowrimo.org, or create a new account. Camp takes place in April and July, so you’ve got time to alter your cabin settings to your liking!
(A note: cabins are a chat-room of you and about 11 others, and they are assigned a week before Camp begins. You can alter your settings to get different people in your cabin; for example, I always set mine to get people my age. Alternatively, you can create your own cabin for you and your friends, or opt out of cabins entirely!)
Here are some resources to get you started:
- New to the World of NaNoWriMo? Here’s What You Need to Know
- How to OWN NaNoWriMo (like a boss, obviously)
- NaNoWriMo Prep: How I Plan My Novels & Why it Works
Here’s the breakdown of what I’ll be posting throughout the month of April, from our NaNo traditions to some new posts we’ll be trying out.
- Prompts! A classic! I always post several prompts throughout the month, just to give you that extra boost. 😉 Here’s an example.
- Writer’s Confidence Boost!* These are actually new to my NaNo traditions, but I may not post as many this Camp season. Writer’s positivity is intended to give you a confidence boost as you continue with your novel.
*Previously titled Writer’s Positivity. I had to change it when I realized there’s already a series with that title.
- Stuff to read, of course! It’d be a crime if I gave you images throughout the month, but nothing to read. I’d be a disgrace to my title as a blogger!
I’ll be posting two types of material for your reading enjoyment: firstly, articles! It’s too soon to tell exactly what those articles will be, but odds are, they’ll be some tips or other.
Secondly, we’ll be trying out a brand new tradition: once a week, I’ll post my favorite scene that I’ve written that week! Not only that, but you can, too, in the comments! 🙂 I’m looking forward to seeing what you’ll write this April!
Well, that’s what will be going on here this Camp season! I hope you’re looking forward to Camp as much as I am! 🙂
Feel free to comment below! Tell us about your Camp plans – your word-count goal, your story, whatever you’d like to share!