Hi, everyone! I’ve begun to realize that I don’t post about myself very often. I always felt like I’d look conceited if I did, so I’ve made it a habit to avoid talking about myself. In an attempt to break that habit, I’ve written this post! Hopefully it’ll be a fun change!
So without further ado, here are 10 things you probably didn’t know about me. If you did know some of these things: congratulations! You probably know me better than most. 🙂 Ready?
1. I dye my hair! I’m a natural blonde – but that “blonde” is so dark that, under some lights, it appears light brown. And every few months or so, I dye it! (Pictured: me at the zoo last year, without dye.)
2. My family has long ago deemed me the “Dog Expert”! When I was about 10, I remember my mom waking me up in the middle of the night with my aunt on the phone. My aunt was having trouble with her dog and needed my advice!
I studied dogs like crazy as a kid, because I wanted one so bad. I still have tons of dog breed encyclopedias lying around the house, even if I don’t look over them as often as I did five years ago. . . . 😉
3. I have a weird little obsession with confetti! It’s the oddest thing. I guess it just reminds me of parties! (When I was a kid, I had one of those Nook tablets for reading and games, and I downloaded an app that was literally just an endless video of confetti falling down your screen. No interaction. Just confetti.)
4. I’m missing 5 knuckles! “Wait, what?” you may be saying. A lot of people have asked me, “What happened?!” I reply: “Nothing, I was born like this!”
It’s a genetics thing. My mom is missing some; and my aunt, and my grandfather. It just means I can’t move my fingers like most people can. It’s nothing major! (You think missing five knuckles would be bad? My 7-year-old brother is missing nine!)
(Look closely at my hands in this photo!)
5. I (roughly) speak Dutch! Ik leer Nederlands omdat mijn opa kom uit het Nederland!
6. I’m very clumsy! I drop everything. It’s a wonder my phone is still intact, given how many times I’ve dropped it. I don’t even use a beloved coffee mug for fear of having it slip through my butter-fingers and shatter on our hardwood floors!
7. My favorite coffee mug has an illustration of Louisville … but I like it for other reasons! As previously mentioned, I’m missing knuckles. That means coffee mugs are waging war with me. Why? My fingers are so messed up that I can’t hold an average coffee mug by the handle! I have to hold most of my mugs with two fingers, which hurts after a while. My Louisville mug, on the other hand, is tall: so all four fingers fit in the handle!
8. For a period of time, I tried to put my doggy on a diet … and I never will again! Little Ricky wasn’t just heartbroken at his food intake having been drastically lowered: he was furious! He spent all day, every day, barking at me till I fed him. And if I didn’t listen, he would sit on top of furniture. . . .
9. I’m a huge English geek! It has its pros and cons. On one hand, I rarely get flagged for poor grammar on an essay. On another, I’m aware that everyone around me is using words and sentence structure incorrectly. It’s like an English radar that I can’t turn off!
And finally . . .
10. My Hogwarts house is Hufflepuff! Totally necessary information here, guys.
What about you? What’re some things most people don’t know about you? Share below!